Congratulations Robert Nix & Cindy Walker More...
Updated: 12/14/2014 10:27:38 AM
Next Monthly Gathering
Friday, May 1, 2015
Bama Wings gathering
-- The Front Porch Restaurant, Hwy 43 north, Northport. Eat 6pm / Meet 7pm
|26, || ||Sun||-||-T-O-D-A-Y-|
| ||-||Chapter Activity
-- Campout-Jennings Ferry COE Campground|
|1, || ||Fri||-||Bama Wings gathering
-- The Front Porch Restaurant, Hwy 43 north, Northport. Eat 6pm / Meet 7pm|
|4, || ||Sat||-||A G Terrell's Birthday|
|15, || ||Wed||-||Sue Hendrix's Birthday|
|29, || ||Wed||-||Frank Blazer's Birthday|
|30, || ||Thu||-||Janice Latham's Birhtday|
Calendar Updated: 4/15/2015 1:40:41 PM
for email notification of upcoming
Chapter Rides & Events.
Check out pictures, add pictures and make post on our
|This is Your Chapter
Remember, this is YOUR chapter and your participation and ideas are what makes it all worth while. So please pass along any ideas you have. It will be appreciated by all.
In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.
-- Theodore Roosevelt
Myth: A Helmet Won't Help in Most Crashes
People look at the seemingly low impact speeds used in motorcycle-helmet testing and assume that if you are going faster than that, the helmet will no longer be up to the job. That ignores a few critical facts:
- Most accidents happen at relatively low speeds.
- Most of the impact energy is usually vertical—the distance your head falls until it hits.
- Helmets (or at least helmets that meet DOT standards) perform spectacular life-saving feats at impact speeds far above those used in testing.
- When a helmeted rider suffers a fatal head injury, it frequently doesn't matter, because, to hit hard enough to sustain that fatal injury, he sustained multiple additional fatal injuries to other parts of his body. In other words, the fact that the helmet didn't prevent the head injury was of no consequence.
- The numbers clearly say that riders using DOT helmets simply survive crashes more successfully than those without them.